Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doratha Doratha is offline

Default Records to be merged -- All or From: To:

When I select a range of records to merge using the "Records to be merged"
function, it starts at the correct record but continues on past the stopping
point.

I am creating mailing labels using Word 2000.

I request record 8 as the From: point and record 15 as to To: point. But
Word continues on to fill out the entire page of labels. Thirty labels on the
page -- it goes to record 38. If I start at record 20, it continues to record
50.

I would appreciate any help with this. Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

This is my reply to your previous message:

When you have a label type merge (or any merge with multiple NEXT fields in
the mail merge main document, as far as I know) then Word will always
"honour" all the NEXT fields. In other words, although what you're seeing
isn't what you want, it's normal Word behaviour.

In this case, probably the simplest way to stop the extra records from
filling your sheet of labels would be merge to a new document, select the
addresses you don't want, and delete the content, or set the text colour to
white, then print the result. There are other possible workarounds, but
that's probably what I'd do.

Peter Jamieson

"Doratha" wrote in message
When I select a range of records to merge using the "Records to be merged"
function, it starts at the correct record but continues on past the
stopping
point.

I am creating mailing labels using Word 2000.

I request record 8 as the From: point and record 15 as to To: point. But
Word continues on to fill out the entire page of labels. Thirty labels on
the
page -- it goes to record 38. If I start at record 20, it continues to
record
50.

I would appreciate any help with this. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doratha Doratha is offline

Peter,

Sorry for the duplicate post. This is my first time using the site and I was
checking back to see my original post in the wrong place. So, I sent it again.

Thanks for the answer. Not the easy fix I was hoping for but at least I know
it isn't something I was doing incorrectly. I like your idea of setting the
type to white!

Thanks again.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Sorry for the duplicate post.

No problem.

I like your idea of setting the
type to white!

It's a well known and useful kludge, as long as you're using white paper, of
course :-)

Peter Jamieson