Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JOSHK JOSHK is offline

Default form with excel and word functionality

I'm trying to create a form that allows users to enter goals for the
year (the word part) and then enter weights and scores for those goals
that will be calculated (the excel part).
I've been doing some research on trying to do this and I've reached a
dead end. Here are the options I've been able to come up with and why
they won't work:

1. using excel - no automatic spell check, clunky text interface, no
formatting.
2. protected document with form fields in word - no spell check or
formatting in form fields(why?!?), form field calculations don't work
when document isn't protected
3. table math in word - not able to do what I want it to do, have to
update it
4. embedded excel spreadsheet in word - doesn't line up with the word
parts (no link between goals and scores), clunky interface
5. embedded word doc in excel - same as #4

Does anybody have any other ideas or help to complete this form?
Anybody know why Microsoft doesn't integrate more word functionality in
excel(special text boxes?) or more excel functionality in
word(calculations based on bookmarks that don't have form fields)?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?Sk9TSEs=?=,

What you describe can be done using macro programming.

You'll get closer to your goal using Office 2007 with the new Content
Controls. But you'd still need macros.

[...]

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org