Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rhinestone Cowgirl Rhinestone Cowgirl is offline

Default Can't Open Word 2003

Hi,
I'm having issues opening Word 2003. The box that shows it's opening pops
up, then nothing. I have no idea why this is happening, is it possible that
activating OneNote may have caused this, or does anyone have any idea about
what I can do? I'm a student and this program is essential to me. Please
help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Problems opening Word usually are due to corrupted registry entries or a
corrupted Normal.dot. Take a look at the steps shown here to diagnose & fix
the problem:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
Hi,
I'm having issues opening Word 2003. The box that shows it's opening pops
up, then nothing. I have no idea why this is happening, is it possible
that
activating OneNote may have caused this, or does anyone have any idea
about
what I can do? I'm a student and this program is essential to me. Please
help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SteveR19 SteveR19 is offline

I think that this information is the right material to solve my problem of my
Microsoft Word opening slowly. I ran winword.exe /a and Word opened right
up. I do not understand how to find my Normal.dot template in order to
rename it. Can you tell me how to do that.
--
Steve R

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SteveR19 SteveR19 is offline

Thank you. I was able to locate normal.dot and tried to rename it. This did
not correct the problem. The next recommendation was to delete a registry
key (\\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10. 0\Word\Data) but the
instructions do not say how to find this key or how to delete it. Can anyone
help?
--
Steve R

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

At the Start | Run prompt, type regedit and press Enter. You'll get a
display similar to Windows Explorer in which you can navigate the path given
below. For Word 2003, however, you'll need
\\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0 \Word\Data or equivalent.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

[...]