Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
paigeturner paigeturner is offline

Default for a Legal doc - Can we combine TOA and TOC in one table?

We have a Supreme Court document that requires table of authorities combined
with a table of contents.

Can we do that in Word 2003?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shauna Kelly Shauna Kelly is offline

Hi

Strictly speaking, you can't combine a Table of Authorities and a Table of
Contents.

If the real question is how to get the authorities to appear in the Table of
Contents, then the answer is to apply a style to the mentions of authorities
in the text and tell the Table of Contents to include text formatted in that
style.

For details on switches in tables of contents, see
Customizing your table of contents with switches
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...OCSwitches.htm

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word