Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
golfguy72 golfguy72 is offline

Default Lock Down Items

I am making quarterly review files. I will be inserting (via paste) numerous
tables, graphs, etc. into the Word file. I have used text boxes to enter
text throughout the document. I formated the text boxes under Layout --
Advanced. I checked the box for "Lock anchor" and unchecked the box for
"Move object with text." The text boxes still move around when I insert
items (tables, graphs, etc.) into the document. I have to do this for quite
a few clients and continuously fixing the document will take too much time.
Is there a way to lock down (anchor) the text boxes so that they don't move
when I insert/remove items? I still have to be able to edit the text within
the text boxes. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Word isn't really designed to have text primarily in text boxes. Text
ordinarily goes in the body of the document, with tables and graphs inserted
preferably In Line With Text, but wrapped if necessary. What do you have in
the document body if it's not text?

"golfguy72" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

It 'sounds' like you're trying to use Word like a desktop publishing/page
layout program, which will cause you nothing but grief & aggravation unless
you have a *very* strong understanding of the program... Even then it can be
frustrating & problematic.

You might want to consider using MS Publisher or some other DTP program for
something like this - Publisher is easier to learn in less time than trying
to figure it all out in a word processor & get it to stay that way. Send
your clients PDFs generated from the Pub file & revise the Pub file as
necessary.

If you *must* use Word, start at the following link & try to absorb as much
of the related information as you possibly can.

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/DrawingGraphics.htm

Good Luck |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 1/27/07 3:46 PM, in article
, "golfguy72"
wrote:

I am making quarterly review files. I will be inserting (via paste) numerous
tables, graphs, etc. into the Word file. I have used text boxes to enter
text throughout the document. I formated the text boxes under Layout --
Advanced. I checked the box for "Lock anchor" and unchecked the box for
"Move object with text." The text boxes still move around when I insert
items (tables, graphs, etc.) into the document. I have to do this for quite
a few clients and continuously fixing the document will take too much time.
Is there a way to lock down (anchor) the text boxes so that they don't move
when I insert/remove items? I still have to be able to edit the text within
the text boxes. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
golfguy72 golfguy72 is offline

I don't have anything in the actual body of the document. I was orginally
just typing the text in the document, but it was continuing to give me
problems. I redesigned the template with all text in text boxes. I was
hoping that I could anchor the text boxes in place since the text was not
doing so. The problem is that the graphs/tables must be added and deleted.
Everytime I do this, everything moves. That was the reasoning behind not
using text in the body and only using text boxes. Does that help clarify
things any better?

"golfguy72" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
golfguy72 golfguy72 is offline

Yes, I am pretty much attempting to use Word as a layout program. My
preference would be to use a MS Publisher or an Adobe InDesign, but my
flexibility for this is limited. I will dig through this site though and see
what it offers. The biggest problem is that I am having to design this for
someone else's use, an office that does not currently use Publisher. I will
see if I can pursue this option though. It would work much better. Thank
you so much for your assistance.