Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tom Drill Tom Drill is offline

Default Table of Contents with Text of Each Page

I am not a Word wizard when it comes to tables of contents. I am supporting
someone using Word 2000. He wants to create a table of contents where the
first line of each page forms the entries in the table. Is this possible?
How do you do it?

Thanks!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawn Crosier, Word MVP Dawn Crosier, Word MVP is offline

The simplest method is to mark the first line with a Heading Style.

See: http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styles/ApplyAStyle.html
Then you can use the features in:
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/toc/CreateATOC.html to actually create the
table of contents.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

This message was posted to a newsgroup, Please post replies and questions
to the group so that others can learn as well.
"Tom Drill" wrote in message
news
I am not a Word wizard when it comes to tables of contents. I am
supporting
someone using Word 2000. He wants to create a table of contents where the
first line of each page forms the entries in the table. Is this possible?
How do you do it?

Thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man Idaho Word Man is offline

Dawn's suggestion is the easiest solution, but be aware that the line that is
at the top of a page today may not be at the top of the page tomorrow.
Adding or deleting lines will change page breaks, as will switching to a
different printer or even creating PDFs. Using manual page breaks or
formatting the headings as Page Break Before can lead to blank pages in the
document.

Fred