Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
[email protected] jace_google@everywareinc.com is offline

Default Merge data altered by MS Word

I have a CSV file w/ 100 rows containing data as follows:

A1 B1 C1 ......................Z1
A2 B2 C2.......................Z2

etc.

When I connect to the CSV file as a DataSource (using File - Open
Data Source), and then look at the Mail Merge Recipients, the cell
that should say "F1" just says "1". The cell that should say "K1" also
says "1". And the cell that should contain "S1" also contains just a
"1".

In fact, every data cell that begins with F, K, or S has that letter
dropped from the front of the string. Every other cell is ok.

Am I nuts??? What is going on here???

Jace

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

There are replies to your other similar posts - don't be surprised if it
takes a while for anyone to answer your question - the people here are
volunteers, may not be in your time zone, and we certainly don't know all
the answers :-)

Peter Jamieson
wrote in message
ps.com...
I have a CSV file w/ 100 rows containing data as follows:

A1 B1 C1 ......................Z1
A2 B2 C2.......................Z2

etc.

When I connect to the CSV file as a DataSource (using File - Open
Data Source), and then look at the Mail Merge Recipients, the cell
that should say "F1" just says "1". The cell that should say "K1" also
says "1". And the cell that should contain "S1" also contains just a
"1".

In fact, every data cell that begins with F, K, or S has that letter
dropped from the front of the string. Every other cell is ok.

Am I nuts??? What is going on here???

Jace

Why can't I get Multiple instances of word? Laverne Microsoft Word Help 14 November 17th 06 01:35 PM
WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 06:26 PM
Specific Email Merge w/ Specific Attachements Mark B Mailmerge 9 February 21st 05 05:10 AM