Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Matt_E_England Matt_E_England is offline

Default How can I make a subdocument have the same headers as a master?

It's really bugging me that when I split a document that I have created using
a mailmerge by putting it as a master and creating sub documents that the sub
documents do not have the same headers and footers as the original document
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hello Matt

Matt_E_England wrote:
It's really bugging me that when I split a document that I have created using
a mailmerge by putting it as a master and creating sub documents that the sub
documents do not have the same headers and footers as the original document

Care to share why you are doing this in the first place? [To save as
individual files, maybe?]

The result of a "Mailmerge to File" usually consists of a large
document, where the individual "letters" are separated in their own
section. Headers and Footers are section properties in Word. As a first
step, I'd carefully inspect the section properties in the document
before and after the Subdocuments are created.

I don't usually handle Masterdocuments, and there are probably few users
out there who do.

HTH
Robert
--