Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ali ali is offline

Default Setting Up Automatic Numbering Within a Formatted Document

Hi,
I am trying to create raffle tickets in Word. I need to have each ticket
have the same number in two places on the ticket (the stub we keep and the
stub the purchaser keeps). I would like to be able to have the numbering
automatically advance on each ticket sequentially, but I have no idea how to
do this.
The numbers need to begin at 0001. Can anyone help me?
Thank you!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol Carol is offline

See: http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...piesOf1Doc.htm.

--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Ali" wrote:

Hi,
I am trying to create raffle tickets in Word. I need to have each ticket
have the same number in two places on the ticket (the stub we keep and the
stub the purchaser keeps). I would like to be able to have the numbering
automatically advance on each ticket sequentially, but I have no idea how to
do this.
The numbers need to begin at 0001. Can anyone help me?
Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carl Serkland Carl Serkland is offline

You can download some files from my website,
http://www.serkland.net/
that should help. There is a Word file (one sheet of 10 generic tickets;
uise global find/replace to customize), an Excel file with the numbers, and a
Word file with instructions, all packed up in a .zip file. If you are at all
handy with Word, you can do what yo want with it. Using Mail Merge lets you
start with any number you want, so you could print tickets numbered 00100 to
00299 today and numbers 00300 to 00349 tomorrow, for example.

"Ali" wrote:

Thank you very much!
Ali

"Ali" wrote:

Hi,
I am trying to create raffle tickets in Word. I need to have each ticket
have the same number in two places on the ticket (the stub we keep and the
stub the purchaser keeps). I would like to be able to have the numbering
automatically advance on each ticket sequentially, but I have no idea how to
do this.
The numbers need to begin at 0001. Can anyone help me?
Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Or for tickets you could download the label numbering add-in from my web
site, which requires no Word expertise whatsoever
http://www.gmayor.com/Numbered_labels.htm

Carl Serkland wrote:
You can download some files from my website,
http://www.serkland.net/
that should help. There is a Word file (one sheet of 10 generic
tickets; uise global find/replace to customize), an Excel file with
the numbers, and a Word file with instructions, all packed up in a
.zip file. If you are at all handy with Word, you can do what yo want
with it. Using Mail Merge lets you start with any number you want, so
you could print tickets numbered 00100 to 00299 today and numbers
00300 to 00349 tomorrow, for example.

"Ali" wrote:

Thank you very much!
Ali