Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
mandy mandy is offline

Default Problem with label alignment

I have a number of users, who find that when they print labels the addresses
"slip" so that by the end of the page the last line or sometimes last 2 lines
of the address appear on the label below. I have connected some pcs to
printers directly using their IP address therefore bypassing the print
server. This did not solve the label issue but it did solve the inability of
some users to print landscape!

We are using Office 2003 with an NT4 print server.
We are also using Avery brand labels not a generic make.
All printers are HP

Can anyone shed any light?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

There are a number of possibilities -

1. A header/footer in normal.dot. Check by running Word in its safe mode
(hold the CTRL key whilst starting).
2. Check that there is no scaling option set in the file print dialog.
3. Check that the paper size in the print driver and page settings match.
4. Some printers are poor with label handling allowing slippage as the paper
passes through the print path. Clean the rollers.
5. HP has historically produced some lousy drivers - see if there is an
update for yours at http://www.hp.com/pond/ljbeta/

Mandy wrote:
I have a number of users, who find that when they print labels the
addresses "slip" so that by the end of the page the last line or
sometimes last 2 lines of the address appear on the label below. I
have connected some pcs to printers directly using their IP address
therefore bypassing the print server. This did not solve the label
issue but it did solve the inability of some users to print landscape!

We are using Office 2003 with an NT4 print server.
We are also using Avery brand labels not a generic make.
All printers are HP

Can anyone shed any light?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
mandy mandy is offline

Thank you for your help. I will check out the drivers, and the normal.dot,
since this is happening with brand new printer also I don't think it's a
slippage issue.

Mandy wrote:
I have a number of users, who find that when they print labels the
addresses "slip" so that by the end of the page the last line or
sometimes last 2 lines of the address appear on the label below. I
have connected some pcs to printers directly using their IP address
therefore bypassing the print server. This did not solve the label
issue but it did solve the inability of some users to print landscape!

We are using Office 2003 with an NT4 print server.
We are also using Avery brand labels not a generic make.
All printers are HP

Can anyone shed any light?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Don't discount slippage. Test with a plain piece of paper and overlay it on
the label blanks. Some printers are simply poor at label handling.

Mandy wrote:
I have a number of users, who find that when they print labels the
addresses "slip" so that by the end of the page the last line or
sometimes last 2 lines of the address appear on the label below. I
have connected some pcs to printers directly using their IP address
therefore bypassing the print server. This did not solve the label
issue but it did solve the inability of some users to print
landscape!

We are using Office 2003 with an NT4 print server.
We are also using Avery brand labels not a generic make.
All printers are HP

Can anyone shed any light?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Norman Norman is offline

my old printer cannon i560 did labels without any problems, but on my new hp
c3180 all labels are out of line.(pc world recommended this printer)i dont
know what to do

Mandy wrote:
I have a number of users, who find that when they print labels the
addresses "slip" so that by the end of the page the last line or
sometimes last 2 lines of the address appear on the label below. I
have connected some pcs to printers directly using their IP address
therefore bypassing the print server. This did not solve the label
issue but it did solve the inability of some users to print landscape!

We are using Office 2003 with an NT4 print server.
We are also using Avery brand labels not a generic make.
All printers are HP

Can anyone shed any light?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Wha kind of alignment problems - are the labels out of line horizintally,
vertically, or are they "at an angle" ?

There's not much I can say in addition to Graham's comments except that if
there's a vertical alignment problem, make sure you also uncheck the
A4/Letter resizing option in Tools|Options|Print

Peter Jamieson

Mandy wrote:
I have a number of users, who find that when they print labels the
addresses "slip" so that by the end of the page the last line or
sometimes last 2 lines of the address appear on the label below. I
have connected some pcs to printers directly using their IP address
therefore bypassing the print server. This did not solve the label
issue but it did solve the inability of some users to print landscape!

We are using Office 2003 with an NT4 print server.
We are also using Avery brand labels not a generic make.
All printers are HP

Can anyone shed any light?

Mail Merge Label Problem lukea Mailmerge 1 October 14th 05 11:07 AM
Need One Page of Same Label; Label Created from 20 records Ed Katzman Mailmerge 3 October 4th 05 06:02 AM
Label merge Problem Shooting Star Mailmerge 2 May 26th 05 07:04 PM
Label maker problem Higgi New Users 2 January 2nd 05 10:34 AM
label does not fit on one page! Attila Microsoft Word Help 8 December 7th 04 03:55 PM