Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Mail Merge and Form Protection in Word 2 Mail Merge and Form Protection in Word 2 is offline

Default Mail Merge into a Form and Protect the Form

I have forms I created in Word 2003 and subsequently opened/saved in 2007.
These forms take information which was exported from Access into Excel and
merge that data into the form. The form was locked in Word 2003 to enable
the use of drop down boxes contained in the form. I have been unable to
create the merged document and still have the form protected so I can use the
drop downs. Can anyone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

These two features of Word are not compatible. You would need to create a
"roll-your-own" equivalent to mailmerge that created a series of documents
from the form, which should be saved as a template and inserted the data
from the data source into the document by the use of DOCVARIABLE fields with
the value of the variables being taken from the data source.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP