Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cofussed Joshua cofussed Joshua is offline

Default How do I wrap text in a text area?

I am having trouble in wrapping text in a text area that I create when I
click the "tools" tab, "customize", and then checking "web tools". Once I
create the text area how do I make the text wrap to the next line as opposed
to the words just going to the right (which is the automatic default of text
when creating the text area).
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ed Ed is offline

Hi Joshua,

In Design mode, right-click the Text Area and choose Properties. One of the
properties is "WordWrap" and it seems to default to "OFF". From some
Googling that I've done it looks like the other possible values for this
property are "virtual" and "physical".

I'm not familiar enough with Web tools to say exactly how these options
differ in a Word document but if you Google for - "web tools" "text area"
wrap physical virtual - you might find stuff that clarifies the difference.

Cheers.

Ed