Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
[email protected] mhammer8@yahoo.com is offline

Default Envelope Mail Merge Oddity-Word 2003

Hello all,

When I do a mail merge the same way I have lots of times before, I'm
now getting a weird error. I'm merging approximately 400 users with
name, address, etc. fields onto #10 envelopes, which I usually do.
Now, when I go to print preview, there is a blank envelope inserted in
every other position (so now there are 800+ envelopes waiting to
print, half blank). Printing odd numbers only is a workaround, but I'd
like to know what caused this to happen and correct it.

Thanks for any assistance!

Matt

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Chances are you have two disconnected paragraphs formatted with the envelope
address style, one of which has forced the other (empty one) on to a new
page. Check by displaying the formatting information (CTRL+* or click ¶)