Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Nbqn71 Nbqn71 is offline

Default Mail merge skipping data how to resolve?

When I do a mail merge for labels in Word 2003 frequently it will skip data
and only print every other row of data. Why is this and how can I resolve
without having to type the missing labels all over.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

In your mail merge main document, do you have more than one Next record
in each label (typically there should be one at the beginning of every label
except the first) ?

Peter Jamieson
"Nbqn71" wrote in message
When I do a mail merge for labels in Word 2003 frequently it will skip
data
and only print every other row of data. Why is this and how can I resolve
without having to type the missing labels all over.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
KSTrillian KSTrillian is offline

I have had this problem before and while I didn't think I had more than one
next record in my label...I eventually found a super-sneaky one! Things
to consider/places to look:
- have you changed font sizes at all? Once I found a next record in 4 pt
font at the very end of my labels
- many label templates have tiny blank columns for spacing between the
actual label. While text here is usually too long to show up, surprise! You
can have a next record inserted in here by mistake.