Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
treeperonti treeperonti is offline

Default Performed a mail merge for labels-only merged a-w list was to z.

I performed a mail merge using an Excel list of names and addresses for
labels. There are 910 names from a to z. I only get 872 - up to w and not
the complete list. I hit the "update all records," but no matter how many
times I perform the merge, it's still the same.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Which version of Word and Excel?

Could there possibly be a blank row after 872 rows (e.g. could you have
closed up a row by accident?)

Peter Jamieson
"treeperonti" wrote in message
I performed a mail merge using an Excel list of names and addresses for
labels. There are 910 names from a to z. I only get 872 - up to w and
not
the complete list. I hit the "update all records," but no matter how many
times I perform the merge, it's still the same.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
treeperonti treeperonti is offline

Default Performed a mail merge for labels-only merged a-w list was to

No, there's no blank row. Microsoft Excel 2003 - professional.

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

Which version of Word and Excel?

Could there possibly be a blank row after 872 rows (e.g. could you have
closed up a row by accident?)

Peter Jamieson
"treeperonti" wrote in message
I performed a mail merge using an Excel list of names and addresses for
labels. There are 910 names from a to z. I only get 872 - up to w and
not
the complete list. I hit the "update all records," but no matter how many
times I perform the merge, it's still the same.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

If you enable the Mail merge toolbar in "Tools|Customize" or otherwise look
at the Mil Merge Recipients dialog, do you see all the records in there?

Does your label mail merge main document have one page (normal), or more
than one page (not so normal) ?

Peter Jamieson
news

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

Which version of Word and Excel?

Could there possibly be a blank row after 872 rows (e.g. could you have
closed up a row by accident?)

Peter Jamieson
"treeperonti" wrote in message
I performed a mail merge using an Excel list of names and addresses for
labels. There are 910 names from a to z. I only get 872 - up to w and
not
the complete list. I hit the "update all records," but no matter how
many
times I perform the merge, it's still the same.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
treeperonti treeperonti is offline

You're right! They are NOT all there in the Mail Merge Recipients dialog.
Do you know why? My label mail merge main doc has only one page.

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

Which version of Word and Excel?

Could there possibly be a blank row after 872 rows (e.g. could you have
closed up a row by accident?)

Peter Jamieson
"treeperonti" wrote in message
I performed a mail merge using an Excel list of names and addresses for
labels. There are 910 names from a to z. I only get 872 - up to w and
not
the complete list. I hit the "update all records," but no matter how
many
times I perform the merge, it's still the same.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Do you know why?

No. I rather hoped they might be, then it would probably be a problem with
the Mail Merge Main Document.

Have you tried disconnecting from the worksheet, then reconnecting (or just
try reconnecting) ?

Are there any double quote characters or other "unusual" characters (i.e.
not present in other rows) around row 871, 872, 873?

If your spreadsheet is simple (i.e. one sheet, tabular, no formulas) it's
probably worth saving the sheet in .csv format, reopening it and saving it
under another name, using that as the data source and seeing what happens.