Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
paul paul is offline

Default Anyway to search for mail merge recipeints & add them "1" at a tim

Is there anyway to search for mail merge recipeints & add them "1" at a time
to a new set of labels witout opening a new instance of Word and cutting &
pasting? The document is using an Microsoft Acceess query as a data source.

Thanks,

Paul
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

What are you trying to achieve? If you want to merge only part of the data,
then select the records you wish to print - click the mail merge recipients
on the merge toolbar and check off the ones you want to merge.
You might find it easier to create the labels using Access alone.

Paul wrote:
Is there anyway to search for mail merge recipeints & add them "1" at
a time to a new set of labels witout opening a new instance of Word
and cutting & pasting? The document is using an Microsoft Acceess
query as a data source.

Thanks,

Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
paul paul is offline

Default Anyway to search for mail merge recipeints & add them "1" at a

Graham,

The merge needs to include all of the records from our customer database. It
is the end users who will be searching for specific customers by account
number, as needed to produce a label for a delivery ticket.

Access will not work in our case as we do not have enough licenses for all
the users who may be assigned to perform this job.

Paul

Paul wrote:
Is there anyway to search for mail merge recipeints & add them "1" at
a time to a new set of labels witout opening a new instance of Word
and cutting & pasting? The document is using an Microsoft Acceess
query as a data source.

Thanks,

Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The mail merge recipients tool from the merge toolbar has a search function.
You can search the attached merge data file by account number and uncheck
all the records but the one(s) you wish to produce a label for. Thereafter
it's a straightforward label merge as demonstrated in the link I posted.

Another ruse would be to import your customer data into a shared Outlook
contacts list (assuming the users have Outlook). Outlook has even more
sophisticated search and merge options -
http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm
It would of course require both data files to be maintained in synch.

I suspect that all users would have to have Access installed (to provide
access to the Access reference libraries in vba) if you wanted anything more
sophisticated.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

What are you trying to achieve? If you want to merge only part of
the data, then select the records you wish to print - click the mail
merge recipients on the merge toolbar and check off the ones you
want to merge.
You might find it easier to create the labels using Access alone.

Paul wrote:
Is there anyway to search for mail merge recipients & add them "1"
at a time to a new set of labels without opening a new instance of
Word and cutting & pasting? The document is using an Microsoft
Access query as a data source.

Thanks,

Paul