Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
w3dys w3dys is offline

Default date formatting in Word 2007

Formatting dates in Word and print merge has always been "interesting"! Now
I have a trial version of Word 2007 and am battling with the same problem: my
date needs to have a UK format but arrives in an American one (although the
input [Excel sheet] shows the date in UK format). Annoying ....

How do I get to see field codes in Word 2007 and what should the correct one
be? I tried the one I've used before { MERGEFIELD mydate \@"DD/MM/YYYY"
\*Mergeformat } but ended up with a date at the top of my document although I
thought I put it in the correct location.

Sorry don't know where to find the version no. - gosh this is a pain.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod macropod is offline

Hi w3dys,

This does rather sound like you inserted the mergefield in the wrong place ...

Try cutting & pasting it to the correct location.

As for revealing the field codes, did you try toggling them via Alt-F9?

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"w3dys" wrote in message ...
| Formatting dates in Word and print merge has always been "interesting"! Now
| I have a trial version of Word 2007 and am battling with the same problem: my
| date needs to have a UK format but arrives in an American one (although the
| input [Excel sheet] shows the date in UK format). Annoying ....
|
| How do I get to see field codes in Word 2007 and what should the correct one
| be? I tried the one I've used before { MERGEFIELD mydate \@"DD/MM/YYYY"
| \*Mergeformat } but ended up with a date at the top of my document although I
| thought I put it in the correct location.
|
| Sorry don't know where to find the version no. - gosh this is a pain.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

See the "Dates: day/month reversed" item under the "Connection methods"
topic of the "Mail merge in Word 2002" section of fellow MVP Cindy
Meister's website at
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...r/MergFram.htm

--
Hope this helps.