Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Lynn Q Lynn Q is offline

Default Grouping an Excel Field in a Word 2003 Directory Merge

Hi there,

It's been a very long time since I did this. I hope someone can help me to
figure this out.

I have an Excel spreadsheet which I need to merge into a nicely formatted
Word merge document (using Directory). I need to group one field (street
name) and then show information by ranges of property numbers beneath the
street name.

Problem 1. How to tell Word to do this. I want to have a table beneath
each grouped street name and have each row of the table include a different
set of property numbers to show their specific information (five-column
table).

Problem 2. How do I ensure that Word keeps each grouped street name
together on the one page. Also, how do I prevent Word from putting each row
onto a new page?

I am using Word 2003 with Windows XP Pro SP2 if that helps. (Office Pro
2003).

I have a basic layout in Word now, I just need to work out the grouping of
data problem.

Hope you can assist me. Thanks so much in advance!

Lynn Q
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

How to use mail merge to create a list sorted by category -
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=294686