Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] gabo22003@yahoo.com is offline

Default Mail Merge question

Hello,

We sell books and I need to create a document that has a title with a
variable name that includes book name and date published along with a
listing of folks address in label format.

I have an Excel db document that lists names and addresses (& book
name, phone numbers, email, fax, etc).

When I create a label mail merge it doesn't let me add the title
information. If I create a letter type merge document I can't add the
label format.

A layout of the document I am looking for is:

Steve's Book
Date Published: 1/21/07

Name1 Name2 Name3
Address1 Adress2 Address3
Job1 Job2 Job3

How do I accomplish this?

Thanks,
gabo

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

MailMerge *will* do what you want. Read Help more thoroughly and look at the
Catalog examples.

wrote in message
ps.com...
Hello,

We sell books and I need to create a document that has a title with a
variable name that includes book name and date published along with a
listing of folks address in label format.

I have an Excel db document that lists names and addresses (& book
name, phone numbers, email, fax, etc).

When I create a label mail merge it doesn't let me add the title
information. If I create a letter type merge document I can't add the
label format.

A layout of the document I am looking for is:

Steve's Book
Date Published: 1/21/07

Name1 Name2 Name3
Address1 Adress2 Address3
Job1 Job2 Job3

How do I accomplish this?

Thanks,
gabo

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

wrote in message

ps.com...

Hello,

We sell books and I need to create a document that has a title with a
variable name that includes book name and date published along with a
listing of folks address in label format.

I have an Excel db document that lists names and addresses (& book
name, phone numbers, email, fax, etc).

When I create a label mail merge it doesn't let me add the title
information. If I create a letter type merge document I can't add the
label format.

A layout of the document I am looking for is:

Steve's Book
Date Published: 1/21/07

Name1 Name2 Name3
Address1 Adress2 Address3
Job1 Job2 Job3

How do I accomplish this?

Thanks,
gabo- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for your response.

I have been reading on mail merge and I am requesting a little more
help.

What I have done is select the "letter" option for mail merge. I can
get the header information fine, it is the label-type information that
I am having difficulty with. I can't keep the record information
together or I can't make the records change names.

Here is one example I have is where the address information is, it
dups the same record (same name, job title, etc for both) -

«Job_Title»
«Job_Title»
«County»
«County»
«Company_Name»
«Company_Name»
«Job_Title»
«Job_Title»
«Next
Record»
«Next Record»

any additional help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Word does not readily lend itself to this type of directory/catalog merge,
but it be done - see How to use mail merge to create a list sorted by
category in Word 2002 - http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=294686

wrote in message

ps.com...

Hello,

We sell books and I need to create a document that has a title with
a variable name that includes book name and date published along
with a listing of folks address in label format.

I have an Excel db document that lists names and addresses (& book
name, phone numbers, email, fax, etc).

When I create a label mail merge it doesn't let me add the title
information. If I create a letter type merge document I can't add
the label format.

A layout of the document I am looking for is:

Steve's Book
Date Published: 1/21/07

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

My web sitewww.gmayor.com
Word MVP web sitehttp://word.mvps.org

wrote:
On Feb 24, 4:29 pm, "Jezebel" wrote:
MailMerge *will* do what you want. Read Help more thoroughly and
look at the Catalog examples.

wrote in message

oups.com...

Hello,

We sell books and I need to create a document that has a title with
a variable name that includes book name and date published along
with a listing of folks address in label format.

I have an Excel db document that lists names and addresses (& book
name, phone numbers, email, fax, etc).

When I create a label mail merge it doesn't let me add the title
information. If I create a letter type merge document I can't add
the label format.

A layout of the document I am looking for is:

Steve's Book
Date Published: 1/21/07

[...]

any additional help would be greatly appreciated.- Hide quoted text -

Thank you!!

Mail merge question rfikes Mailmerge 2 November 27th 06 02:05 PM
Mail Merge Question Kurch Mailmerge 6 May 8th 06 01:53 AM
Mail Merge Question NKYBred Microsoft Word Help 0 October 5th 05 03:11 PM
Mail Merge Question Kathy New Users 1 July 9th 05 06:03 AM
Mail Merge question TDRK Microsoft Word Help 4 April 7th 05 03:35 AM