Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
liam liam is offline

Default Word 2007 - emailing problem

Hi

In Word 2003 I could use a template I made, make changes to a clients name,
staff contact, subject heading etc etc, click on the email icon and it worked
just as in Outlook. I've upgraded to Office 2007 Ent and I can't fathom out
how to get the page to open like Outlook. The only option I can see is to do
a mail merge !!! Sending like this sends the email but without a subject, the
email address as I don't want it to look etc. It also requests numerous bits
of info that are irrelevant to just sending an email from within Word.

How can I send a regular email from within Word 2007 please.

Hope this is possible or it's back to 2003

Liam

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
liam via OfficeKB.com liam via OfficeKB.com is offline

Hi Peter

Thank you very much for replying. Yes, when I do this the window I'm looking
for does open but it automatically attaches the document.

I would like the choice though of the document to be the email (as in Office
2003) and not the attachment.

I cannot yet find the way to set this up.

Since I use many Word templates for emailing to clients that only require
minor personalisation changes, Word 2003 saved me time by not having to open
a Word doc and to then copy and paste the text into an Outlook blank mail.
Word 2003 was an extension of Outlook.

In this instance, I think MS have chosen a route in re-writing Office 2007
that adds functionality for mass mailers at the cost of the dual
effectiveness of the previous Word version.

I would also like to know if versions other than the Enterprise edition
retain the functionality that I would like to have (as in Word 2003).

Appreciate any help and advice

Thks Liam

Peter Jamieson wrote:
Have you tried "MS Office Button"|Send|Email (which should open the sort of
window you are looking for, rather than actually sending anything)?

Peter Jamieson
Hi

[quoted text clipped - 17 lines]

Liam

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Try "MS Office Button"|"Word Options"|Customize|"Choose Commands From", then
select "All Commands", locate "Send to Mail Recipient" in the list and click
the Add button to add it to the Quick Access Toolbar.

Then click the new button :-)

Peter Jamieson

Peter Jamieson wrote:
Have you tried "MS Office Button"|Send|Email (which should open the sort
of
window you are looking for, rather than actually sending anything)?

Peter Jamieson
Hi

[quoted text clipped - 17 lines]

Liam

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
liam via OfficeKB.com liam via OfficeKB.com is offline

Peter

You are a Saint

Thank you very much. I had looked in where you say and it didn't work.

However I've just had to format "C" and reinstall all again. Now we have
success.

Now just need to reset all the rules etc since it's a clean install and not
an upgrade.

I think I will eventually have a quick access bar as big as the ribbon - lol

Thanks again

Liam

Peter Jamieson wrote:
Try "MS Office Button"|"Word Options"|Customize|"Choose Commands From", then
select "All Commands", locate "Send to Mail Recipient" in the list and click
the Add button to add it to the Quick Access Toolbar.

Then click the new button :-)

Peter Jamieson
Hi Peter

[quoted text clipped - 35 lines]

Liam

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Ryan Ryan is offline

Thank you for asking this question and Peter thanks for the answer! I have
spent so much time trying to figure this out.

Peter Jamieson wrote:
Try "MS Office Button"|"Word Options"|Customize|"Choose Commands From", then
select "All Commands", locate "Send to Mail Recipient" in the list and click
the Add button to add it to the Quick Access Toolbar.

Then click the new button :-)

Peter Jamieson
Hi Peter

[quoted text clipped - 35 lines]

Liam

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
liam via OfficeKB.com liam via OfficeKB.com is offline

Glad we both helped Ryan

Liam

Ryan wrote:
Thank you for asking this question and Peter thanks for the answer! I have
spent so much time trying to figure this out.

Peter

[quoted text clipped - 26 lines]

Liam

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Dee Dee[_2_] Dee Dee[_2_] is offline

Hi Peter,
I had been having the same problem and I tried what you said but on mine it
added the button to the toolbar, but then wouldn't highlight the toolbar
portion!

Peter Jamieson wrote:
Have you tried "MS Office Button"|Send|Email (which should open the sort
of
window you are looking for, rather than actually sending anything)?

Peter Jamieson
Hi

[quoted text clipped - 17 lines]

Liam

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Regret I can't check this at the moment as I don't have 2007 to hand.
Assuming trial expiration/non-activation isn't your problem, and you are
using Outlook 2007, then my best guesses are that either
a. Outlook is not set up as the e-mail application in IE|Tools|Internet
options|Programs or
b. you may need to set up some registry entries - it may be worth trying
the approach described in

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk/t0002.htm

However, that's normally a solution for an inability to merge to e-mail not
simply to send to email, so it may also be completely irrelevant.

Peter Jamieson