Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
broye broye is offline

Default How do make gobal font changes to a word document?

If font is use through out a document and I want to make gobal changes for
that font what is easiest way to do that? Is there a search and replace for
Fonts? Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

The best way, but one that takes a little planning ahead, is to use specific
styles for all the pieces of your document. Then, if you want to change the
font, all you have to do is change the definition of the style.

Assuming you haven't done that, then yes, you can use Edit Replace. Click
the More button to expand the dialog. Click in the Find What box (but leave
it empty) and then click the Format button and choose Font from the menu.
Select the existing font and click OK. Now click in the Replace With box
(leave that empty, too), again click the Format button and choose Font.
Select the new font and click OK.

Notice that the lines of text under the Find What and Replace With boxes
show the old and new font names. Now click the Replace All button.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

broye wrote:
If font is use through out a document and I want to make gobal
changes for that font what is easiest way to do that? Is there a
search and replace for Fonts? Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brandon[_2_] Brandon[_2_] is offline

This reminds me. Does anyone know if MS will do something like CSS for MS
Word? It would be nice to be able to have a separate document/style sheet
with styles that a doc could link to. It would make life much easier...

broye wrote:
If font is use through out a document and I want to make gobal
changes for that font what is easiest way to do that? Is there a
search and replace for Fonts? Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

As far as I'm aware, MS has no plans for a direct counterpart of CSS
in Word -- but that could change if it were seen as something that
would improve sales of Office.

Word provides templates, which can contain collections of style
definitions (among other things). A template like that serves the
purpose of a style sheet when you're creating a new document. For
background, see
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...platePart1.htm
and
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...platePart2.htm.

The analogy to CSS isn't complete, though, because changing a
template's style definitions doesn't automatically update the styles
in documents based on that template. To learn how to do that, see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/atta...ate/index.html. You should
also read
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/temp...ons/index.html.

Also, templates don't generally cascade like CSS, although styles
within a single template can cascade. See
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...esCascade.html.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman