Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gman Gman is offline

Default File Size

I have a word 2003 doc that is 101,000 KB. I have a number of pictures which
I tried to compress, but the compress button does not seem to work for this
file. I made a copy of the file and deleted the pictures and the file size
stayed the same. Could this be a virus?

The file is getting hard to deal as saving takes a long time. Any
suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Virus - maybe but unlikely. It is probably corrupt. From your copy display
the formatting characters (CTRL+*) then select everything but the final
paragraph mark. Copy to the clipboard and paste into a new document. Does
that help?

GMAN wrote:
I have a word 2003 doc that is 101,000 KB. I have a number of
pictures which I tried to compress, but the compress button does not
seem to work for this file. I made a copy of the file and deleted
the pictures and the file size stayed the same. Could this be a
virus?

The file is getting hard to deal as saving takes a long time. Any
suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gman Gman is offline

Thanks! That seems to have done the trick!!

BTW, Does "corrupt" mean that a file is actually engaged in unethical or
illegal activity, or does it mean that nobody really knows what the hell's
wrong with it?

Thanks again!!

GMAN wrote:
I have a word 2003 doc that is 101,000 KB. I have a number of
pictures which I tried to compress, but the compress button does not
seem to work for this file. I made a copy of the file and deleted
the pictures and the file size stayed the same. Could this be a
virus?

The file is getting hard to deal as saving takes a long time. Any
suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

It means that it has extra metadata that causes the document to behave
incorrectly. The data in question is stored in the hidden area beyond the
final paragraph mark of the document.

file size Tim Microsoft Word Help 2 December 28th 06 06:07 PM
File Size english Microsoft Word Help 7 August 24th 06 01:45 PM
File size - again ! Helio Microsoft Word Help 1 July 13th 05 02:24 PM
File size Michael Lindekugel Microsoft Word Help 2 March 19th 05 03:30 AM
File size changes CarlosAntenna New Users 4 December 12th 04 03:22 PM