Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Helen Helen is offline

Default Header/Footer options

For some reason, when I click View | Header I get an abbreviated toolbar
where in the past I had an extended version which allowed for customization
of headers and footers. (At least I _think_ I had that option in Word!
Perhaps it's only in Excel?)

I read Graham Mayor's recommendation to someone else about changing registry
keys, however, since I'm on a network, I don't want to even attempt that.

Anyone have other suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John Butler John Butler is offline

Helen
What view are you using
If I open a document in full screen reading then the header and footer are
not shown but in Print view the whole header and whole footer is shown and
clicking on either opens them for editing, esc changes the view back.

"Helen" wrote in message
For some reason, when I click View | Header I get an abbreviated toolbar
where in the past I had an extended version which allowed for
customization
of headers and footers. (At least I _think_ I had that option in Word!
Perhaps it's only in Excel?)

I read Graham Mayor's recommendation to someone else about changing
registry
keys, however, since I'm on a network, I don't want to even attempt that.

Anyone have other suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Helen Helen is offline

John €” Regardless of the view I use, I am still not seeing the edit window I
thought I remembered for Word. All I get is the toolbar. The edit window I
remember has a Customize Header, Customize Footer option so I can set up a
header/footer with info that's left-justified, centered, and right-justified,
all in one line.

If the window I'm remembering is only in Excel, is there a way I can
accomplish the one-line entry I'm talking about in Word?

"Helen" wrote in message
For some reason, when I click View | Header I get an abbreviated toolbar
where in the past I had an extended version which allowed for
customization
of headers and footers. (At least I _think_ I had that option in Word!
Perhaps it's only in Excel?)

I read Graham Mayor's recommendation to someone else about changing
registry
keys, however, since I'm on a network, I don't want to even attempt that.

Anyone have other suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John Butler John Butler is offline

Helen

Isn't it difficult to resolve these problems without a picture, but I think
perhaps you are looking for a feature no longer present in Office 2007!

I attach screen shots of a Word page opened for editing the header.
How are yours are different? In Word it is now easier for me to edit the
header
and footer because previously I had to go to View and get the drop down menu
to open header and footer. Now I just click the header area and edit or
select options as required

"Helen" wrote in message
For some reason, when I click View | Header I get an abbreviated
toolbar
where in the past I had an extended version which allowed for
customization
of headers and footers. (At least I _think_ I had that option in Word!
Perhaps it's only in Excel?)

I read Graham Mayor's recommendation to someone else about changing
registry
keys, however, since I'm on a network, I don't want to even attempt
that.

Anyone have other suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John Butler John Butler is offline

Thanks Suzanne

I cannot help then, because I do not find it possible to reproduce her
problem in my system

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Helen will not be able to see your screen shot because she is reading this
NG through the Office Communities Web interface, which does not permit
attachments.

so
all may benefit.