FayMit

Default Preserve a macro-table's format when fetching data thro' merge pro

I started with a WORD template containing a macro. I created a table in it
and formatted it very precisely. For example, that 1 pt spacing should be
given before and after the text in each cell, that cell alignment was left
and centered, that no rows should break across pages, that text fonts in
cells are Arial, 10 pt and regular.

When I export data to my template table using a merge operation, a lot of
the formatting details disappear. I have to re-format many attributes of the
table again.

How can I 'FREEZE' all formatting attributes so that a merge operation
doesn't change the table's format?
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?RmF5TWl0?=,

I started with a WORD template containing a macro. I created a table in it
and formatted it very precisely. For example, that 1 pt spacing should be
given before and after the text in each cell, that cell alignment was left
and centered, that no rows should break across pages, that text fonts in
cells are Arial, 10 pt and regular.

When I export data to my template table using a merge operation, a lot of
the formatting details disappear. I have to re-format many attributes of the
table again.

How can I 'FREEZE' all formatting attributes so that a merge operation
doesn't change the table's format?

What kind of formatting is disappearing? In which version of Word?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)