Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
nrodADAA nrodADAA is offline

Default Mail Merging

I am trying to mail merge an MSExcel 2000 spreadsheet into MSWord 2000. The
problem is, I can't get the information to stay where I have the fields.

I have it like this:
First Name Last name ID Rectype
Address First Name
Last name
City ST Zip
same info twice but on different lines when I merge it, the first name/last
name I have tabbed over always moves, I need it to stay exactly where it is
b/c I am trying to print membership cards.

What am I doing wrong?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

When you say you have tabbed over, I guess you mean that you have pressed
the tab key multiple times to move the merge field to where you want it.
That is NOT how tabs are supposed to be used. You should set a tab stop at
the required location and then use the tab key ONCE to move to that
location.

Alternatively, create a table with the required cell dimensions into which
you insert the merge fields.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"nrodADAA" wrote in message
I am trying to mail merge an MSExcel 2000 spreadsheet into MSWord 2000.
The
problem is, I can't get the information to stay where I have the fields.

I have it like this:
First Name Last name ID Rectype
Address First Name
Last name
City ST Zip
same info twice but on different lines when I merge it, the first
name/last
name I have tabbed over always moves, I need it to stay exactly where it
is
b/c I am trying to print membership cards.

What am I doing wrong?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
nrodADAA nrodADAA is offline

Thanks Doug, that makes sense and it worked!

"nrodADAA" wrote in message
I am trying to mail merge an MSExcel 2000 spreadsheet into MSWord 2000.
The
problem is, I can't get the information to stay where I have the fields.

I have it like this:
First Name Last name ID Rectype
Address First Name
Last name
City ST Zip
same info twice but on different lines when I merge it, the first
name/last
name I have tabbed over always moves, I need it to stay exactly where it
is
b/c I am trying to print membership cards.

What am I doing wrong?

mail merging formatiing registrarirene Mailmerge 8 April 4th 08 02:56 AM
Mail Merging stephanie Microsoft Word Help 2 February 1st 07 11:51 PM
Mail merging e-mail addresses and send them all at once MikeP Mailmerge 1 June 24th 06 06:09 AM
Merging to E-mail TS in FL Mailmerge 0 November 8th 05 09:30 PM
Mail Merging merge2005 Mailmerge 0 January 20th 05 01:47 PM