Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Marlee Marlee is offline

Default ENTER button not working

Randomly, in Microsoft Word, the ENTER button will only move the cursor a few
spaces until I start typing. It won't move to the next line unless I hit
ENTER twice, and then when I start typing, it moves down an extra line! Has
anyone had this problem? How can I fix this, it's never done this before?!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ed Ed is offline

Hi Marlee,

In Word 2003 (and maybe other versions) you can get that sort of behaviour
if the insertion point is exactly to the left of a section break (with
nothing between the insertion point and the section break).

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Ed