Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kevTheDev kevTheDev is offline

Default How can I start word so it opens the print dialog on startup?

I know that you can use command line switches to customize how word starts
up. What I need to do is open a document and have the print dialog pop up at
startup.

I think that the /x switch should be used in conjunction with a dde request.
I really don't know how to use the dde though. Is there just a command that I
put after the /x?

Regards

Kev

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Kev

kevTheDev wrote:
I know that you can use command line switches to customize how word starts
up. What I need to do is open a document and have the print dialog pop up at
startup.

You could create an AutoMacro for that, or start Word with the right
switch to launch any macro. See.

WD2000: Auto Macros in Word
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/211659/en-us

HTH