Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
nospaminlich nospaminlich is offline

Default Help with form layout please

I've designed a data entry type form using blank check boxes where applicants
will handwrite individual letters/numbers in each box. It's the sort of look
you get on a governmernt type application form like passports

Whilst this probably isn't the "best" way it was quick to do and the
finished result looks very presentable with one exception...

There are boxes for Dates of Birth where I want to have D D M M Y Y feint in
the box (one letter in each box) so it's clear what format I'm looking for
from the person completing the form.

I don't seem to be able to insert a letter into a check box but I wondered
if there was an easy way to mimic the look/format of the check box so it
would look consistent.

I've tried resizing text boxes but have failed to get it to look right.

I'd really appreciate any help/ideas as I've spent considerably motre time
on this element than the rest of the form put together.

Thanks a lot in anticipation

Kewa
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you have a decent screen capture utility - the demo of SnagIt 8 will do -
you can capture the letters (coloured e.g. pale grey) as graphics and insert
the images behind text. Move them to the area you require and you should be
able to fill in the data over the graphic. If you need to move the graphics,
you can select them with the white arrow tool on the drawing toolbar.