Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dwillman dwillman is offline

Default Word 2003 Bug List?

Does Microsoft have a document that indicates the known issues/bugs with Word
(or Office) 2003?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chuck Davis Chuck Davis is offline

"dwillman" wrote in message
Does Microsoft have a document that indicates the known issues/bugs with
Word
(or Office) 2003?

If I were Microsoft (would I be posting this?), I would never publish a list
like that. Especially, for a 4-year old product. The maintenance of a list
like that would be tremendous.

I have a question for you. What would you do with a list of thousands of
issues. Just read it?

Though not a list of titles, their Knowledge Base should satisfy your desire
for that kind of information. http://support.microsoft.com/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dwillman dwillman is offline

It's not uncommon for vendors to publish know bug lists, and they can
sometimes help bring closure to issues that cant be resolved through
tradtional methods.

There have been times in the past when we would open a support ticket with a
vendor to try and resolve an issue, only to fine out that the issues was a
known defect. An easy example would be Windows 98 memory leaks. Known issue
where the only resolution was to reboot.

It saves time and expense of having folks troublshoot issues, as well as
bring some sort of end user closure to the ticket.

Again, its not uncommon - go google it.

"Chuck Davis" wrote:

"dwillman" wrote in message
Does Microsoft have a document that indicates the known issues/bugs with
Word
(or Office) 2003?

If I were Microsoft (would I be posting this?), I would never publish a list
like that. Especially, for a 4-year old product. The maintenance of a list
like that would be tremendous.

I have a question for you. What would you do with a list of thousands of
issues. Just read it?

Though not a list of titles, their Knowledge Base should satisfy your desire
for that kind of information. http://support.microsoft.com/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi D.,

The MS Knowledge base that Chuck referred to would be the area on MS that documents known issues. Many of them are fairly complex,
so they don't tend to work as a single 'list' format, but you can search there (http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1) for
specific error messages, for example.

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)