Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
exchangerookie1994 exchangerookie1994 is offline

Default Word 2007 home key

Does anyone know how to set Word so that when I press home key cursor goes to
the beginning of the line in the doc

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Renee [MSFT] Renee [MSFT] is offline

By default, that's what should be happening. What does happen when you hit
your Home key?

If you want to see if that key somehow got reassigned, Keyboard
Customization is accessed through Word Options-Customize tab, Customize...
button.
This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

"exchangerookie1994" wrote:

Does anyone know how to set Word so that when I press home key cursor goes to
the beginning of the line in the doc

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Go to the Keyboard Customization dialog as Renee instructed. Choose
the "All Commands" category, and then choose the StartOfLine command.
If the Home key doesn't appear in the "Current keys" box, put the
cursor in the "Press new shortcut key" box and press the Home key,
then click the Assign button.

If the Home key does already appear in the "Current keys" box, you may
have an add-in that's interfering with its operation -- but that's
unlikely.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman