Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Paul L Paul L is offline

Default Using Word 2000 how do I merge data from a .dbf?

I'm trying to do a mass mailing for a public charity. The mail list is in a
dbf. I have a special bar code font which prints USPS Postnet bar codes from
a numeric field.

Word won't work with the .dbf directly. Should I export the data to a .csv
file or to an Xcell spreadsheet and then try to use it in Word?

Assuming the bar code font is installed how do I select it to print the bar
code field?