Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Susie Belle Southern Susie Belle Southern is offline

Default How do I get new blank document in Windows 2007?

I have a new Dell with Windows Vista. I've typed a document and then e-mailed
it, saved it afterwards. Now everytime I open Word and click the new
document page, the old document pops up. I want a blank page. What am I
doing wrong?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQS/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm but ...

... please note that the article pre-dates Word 2007 and that the normal
template in Word 2007 is called Normal.dotm (note the 'm' at the end)
instead of normal.dot.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Susie Belle Southern" Susie Belle
schreef in bericht
I have a new Dell with Windows Vista. I've typed a document and then
e-mailed
it, saved it afterwards. Now everytime I open Word and click the new
document page, the old document pops up. I want a blank page. What am I
doing wrong?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Susie Belle Southern[_2_] Susie Belle Southern[_2_] is offline

I clicked 'yes' to say that the article is helpful and I'm sure it will be
once I have time to read it. Thanks a million!!
"Tony Jollans" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQS/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm but ...

... please note that the article pre-dates Word 2007 and that the normal
template in Word 2007 is called Normal.dotm (note the 'm' at the end)
instead of normal.dot.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Susie Belle Southern" Susie Belle
schreef in bericht
I have a new Dell with Windows Vista. I've typed a document and then
e-mailed
it, saved it afterwards. Now everytime I open Word and click the new
document page, the old document pops up. I want a blank page. What am I
doing wrong?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Susie Belle Southern[_2_] Susie Belle Southern[_2_] is offline

I just wanted you to know that I read the article and then started playing
around with the two methods given. Windows Vista is not friendly AT ALL!! I
did FINALLY find "Show hidden files and folders". Once I checked that
button, it was like I'd waved a magic wand. No more document!

I don't know exactly what I did, but it worked and I appreciate you posting
the article. Never could have figured it out without it!

Thanks,
Susie Belle Southern

"Tony Jollans" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQS/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm but ...

... please note that the article pre-dates Word 2007 and that the normal
template in Word 2007 is called Normal.dotm (note the 'm' at the end)
instead of normal.dot.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Susie Belle Southern" Susie Belle
schreef in bericht
I have a new Dell with Windows Vista. I've typed a document and then
e-mailed
it, saved it afterwards. Now everytime I open Word and click the new
document page, the old document pops up. I want a blank page. What am I
doing wrong?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Panic Panic is offline

When you open Word 2007 is should open to the Home selection. Click on the
Office Button in the upper left corner and click on New. When you click on
New if provides you with a choice of Blank Document or New Blog post.
Double click the Blank icon and you'll have a new blank document.