Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Thomas34461usa Thomas34461usa is offline

Default Faxing a letter using Vista and Word 2007 Office

How do I fax a letter using Windows Vista and Word 2007 Office? I use to use
WinFax Pro to fax with but understand its no longer available from Symantec.
Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
GraceS GraceS is offline

From Word, with the document open, click the Office button (Logo on upper
left), select Print, then select from the list of printers the one called
Fax. Click it, fill in the fax number and click Send.

"Thomas34461usa" wrote:

How do I fax a letter using Windows Vista and Word 2007 Office? I use to use
WinFax Pro to fax with but understand its no longer available from Symantec.
Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

You'll need a desktop Fax utility to replace WinFax. I am not sure what is
available for home users these days. There are many business fax servers but
I'm out of touch with stand alone user solutions (I didn't even know that
WinFax was dead)! Maybe try searching Google for Desktop Fax Utility.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"Thomas34461usa" wrote in message
How do I fax a letter using Windows Vista and Word 2007 Office? I use to
use
WinFax Pro to fax with but understand its no longer available from
Symantec.
Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Thomas34461usa Thomas34461usa is offline

Thanks Grace. I was using the send to before and wasn't able to send it. I
did as you described and it opened up the fax program. Now I do have of
further question of yopu or others. I did try to send a fax using the program
Word 2003 and it attempted to send it. I then found out that the telephone
line going to the computer went dead. No questions there for you or anyone
here for that one. I got the phone company coming out to do repairs. What I
do hav e is the program wanting to continue to attemp to send it. Even though
I hit Stop and delete in sending. I'm so use to WinFax Pro and I could go
into the Fax Manager and delete the trask. How do I now stop the program from
tryiong to fax a letter? Whew!! Thanks, Thomas

From Word, with the document open, click the Office button (Logo on upper

"Thomas34461usa" wrote:

How do I fax a letter using Windows Vista and Word 2007 Office? I use to use
WinFax Pro to fax with but understand its no longer available from Symantec.
Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
StevenMarcusFoodCo StevenMarcusFoodCo is offline

Default WinFaxPro and OfficePro 2007?

I see that after I loaded Office pro 2007 it will NOT link the Outlook
address book anymore. How do I get it to link?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Is your version of Winfax compatible with Office 2007? From my own
experience that application had dubious compatibility issues even with
earlier versions.
See http://www.gmayor.com/Macrobutton.htm for a method of grabbing Outlook
data into Word
and http://www.gmayor.com/fax_from_word.htm for a method of sending faxes