Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected] colinsears@gmail.com is offline

Default Scrolloing in Excel

Help,

I seem to have flicked a switch somewhere that I cannot turn off. I
have a spreadsheet with some 2000 lines of data.

I can no longer scroll through the data using the up or down arrows or
the mouse wheel.. When I do scroll down or up using the up or down
arrows the cursor continues to move off the end of the page without me
being able to see where it has gone, i.e the page is no longer
'active'. My mouse wheel has ceased to work also.

When I do a 'Find' for the data the cursor goes to the data but does
not take my view to that data

I can do any work as normal on the data in view.

Page down and Page up work fine.

Any Ideas? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

What version of Excel is this (and why did you post to a Word newsgroup?)?

You might try taking a look in the Window menu to see if there is a Remove
Split or UnFreeze Panes command. If so, select it to turn the feature off.

If that isn't the problem, post your question to the microsoft.public.excel
group for more information. If you're new to newsgroups you might want to
review this beforehand:

http://word.mvps.org/FindHelp/Posting.htm

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...ewsgroups.mspx

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

wrote in message
oups.com...
Help,

I seem to have flicked a switch somewhere that I cannot turn off. I
have a spreadsheet with some 2000 lines of data.

I can no longer scroll through the data using the up or down arrows or
the mouse wheel.. When I do scroll down or up using the up or down
arrows the cursor continues to move off the end of the page without me
being able to see where it has gone, i.e the page is no longer
'active'. My mouse wheel has ceased to work also.

When I do a 'Find' for the data the cursor goes to the data but does
not take my view to that data

I can do any work as normal on the data in view.

Page down and Page up work fine.

Any Ideas? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Sparky1000 Sparky1000 is offline

wrote in message

oups.com...

Help,

I seem to have flicked a switch somewhere that I cannot turn off. I
have a spreadsheet with some 2000 lines of data.

I can no longer scroll through the data using the up or down arrows or
the mouse wheel.. When I do scroll down or up using the up or down
arrows the cursor continues to move off the end of the page without me
being able to see where it has gone, i.e the page is no longer
'active'. My mouse wheel has ceased to work also.

When I do a 'Find' for the data the cursor goes to the data but does
not take my view to that data

I can do any work as normal on the data in view.

Page down and Page up work fine.

Any Ideas? Thanks.- Hide quoted text -

Managed to freeze my panes. Thank You. Sorry about the wrong group
thing.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

On 4/1/07 11:13 AM, in article
, "Sparky1000"

wrote in message

oups.com...

Help,

I seem to have flicked a switch somewhere that I cannot turn off. I
have a spreadsheet with some 2000 lines of data.

I can no longer scroll through the data using the up or down arrows or
the mouse wheel.. When I do scroll down or up using the up or down
arrows the cursor continues to move off the end of the page without me
being able to see where it has gone, i.e the page is no longer
'active'. My mouse wheel has ceased to work also.

When I do a 'Find' for the data the cursor goes to the data but does
not take my view to that data

I can do any work as normal on the data in view.

Page down and Page up work fine.

Any Ideas? Thanks.- Hide quoted text -

Managed to freeze my panes. Thank You. Sorry about the wrong group
thing.

No Problem! It's just that you'll usually get more accurate & prompt

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac