Sunduck

Default how to set 1column / 2columns (format) on exiting Word?

When exiting Word, certain parameters can be set. One is the number of columns.
When Word next opens, these parameters are applied.

I have a machine which opens Word with 2 columns, and have forgotten how to
set parameters on exit.

Actually, this is not an environment variable that is set on closing Word.
This is a property of Normal.dot. We haven't yet figured out how it gets
changed, but the only way to fix it is to open Normal.dot itself and make
the change there. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...alTemplate.htm for more
on opening and editing Normal.dot.

"Sunduck" wrote in message
When exiting Word, certain parameters can be set. One is the number of

columns.
When Word next opens, these parameters are applied.

I have a machine which opens Word with 2 columns, and have forgotten how

set parameters on exit.

Jezebel

Those sorts of parameters aren't set on exit. They are set by opening
normal.dot and making changes to it. When you create a new document -- as
happens automatically when you start Word -- it is based on normal.dot.