Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shelly Shelly is offline

Default How to make email work in word 2007

The email icons are very light and are not working. How to I activate the
icons so I can email documents directly from Word 2007?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Shelly,

What is the default email program and version you use (not web based) and what steps are you using in Word 2007 to try to send
email?

============
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shelly Shelly is offline

"Shelly" wrote in message ...
The email icons are very light and are not working. How to I activate the
icons so I can email documents directly from Word 2007?
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

I talked to MS and was told the Student & Home version does not come with Outlet Express so I had to configure Outlet Express to be a mail client. It was a new installation on a new computer so we didn't have a client up and running. They made the changes in the Registry and now everything is working properly.

Thank you very much for your response!!

Shelly
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

To clarify, the Home & Student Edition does not come with *Outlook* (a mail,
calendar, scheduling, and contact management application) so you have to use
*Outlook Express* (a mail client and newsreader that comes with Internet
Explorer) as the default mail client.

"Shelly" wrote in message

The email icons are very light and are not working. How to I activate

the
icons so I can email documents directly from Word 2007?
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

I talked to MS and was told the Student & Home version does not come

with Outlet Express so I had to configure Outlet Express to be a mail
client. It was a new installation on a new computer so we didn't have a
client up and running. They made the changes in the Registry and now
everything is working properly.
Thank you very much for your response!!

Shelly

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Suzanne,

No. It is not limited to MS products, although they may be easier to configure, and there is more than one way to setup Word 2007
to work with an email program. One method that should work is broken at presnt, which is why I asked the poster the questions.

===============
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message ...
To clarify, the Home & Student Edition does not come with *Outlook* (a mail,
calendar, scheduling, and contact management application) so you have to use
*Outlook Express* (a mail client and newsreader that comes with Internet
Explorer) as the default mail client.

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I was not meaning to suggest that OE must be used; I was translating the
OP's reply (there is no such product as "Outlet Express").

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" 75214.226(At Beautiful Downtown)compuserve.com wrote
in message ...
Hi Suzanne,

No. It is not limited to MS products, although they may be easier to

configure, and there is more than one way to setup Word 2007
to work with an email program. One method that should work is broken at

presnt, which is why I asked the poster the questions.

===============
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message

To clarify, the Home & Student Edition does not come with *Outlook* (a

mail,
calendar, scheduling, and contact management application) so you have to

use
*Outlook Express* (a mail client and newsreader that comes with Internet
Explorer) as the default mail client.

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...let+express%22

I was amazed at how many people apparently think it's "Outlet Express".

Come to think of it, though, "Outlet" might make more sense than calling it
"Outlook".

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
I was not meaning to suggest that OE must be used; I was translating the
OP's reply (there is no such product as "Outlet Express").

so
all may benefit.