Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
NCC NCC is offline

Default sum(above) Bug in Word 2007 Table

If you have a table with 3 columns or more and ONLY 3 rows, you can try this
to replicate the bug:

Qty Unit Cost Total
1 2.00 2.00
---merged field--- {sum(above)}

You will realize that you will get a total of 5, instead of 2.

However, if you add in another row like this:

Qty Unit Cost Total
1 2.00 2.00
2 3.00 6.00
---merged field--- {sum(above)}

You will get a total of 8.00, which is correct.

This problem occurs if the first row is a text row, second row with some
alpha numeric values, and third row is a merged columns while trying to sum
the above cell.

If you have two or more than numeric rows above the {=sum(above)}, it will
never occurs.

When can Micorsoft offers a patch for this? Other Office suit version has no
such problem.

Thanks

NCC
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

I'm not seeing the same thing here, but I do see a summation error. Here, my
sum is 4, not 5, in those circumstances. So, here, at least, it's picking up
only the 2 from unit cost, not the 1 from Qty.

BUT... I see the identical behavior in Word 2003. I no longer have Word 2002
and earlier installed, so I can't verify whether it was a problem
previously.

If the the two cells in the lower left corner aren't merged, as you've
discovered, the error doesn't occur.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com

Split Table - Word 2007 Sue C Tables 4 April 16th 09 08:39 AM
Word 2007: How can I insert a table of figures? InPadure Microsoft Word Help 3 May 5th 08 12:34 PM
Update Table of Contents with Word 2007? jayorbev Microsoft Word Help 7 March 4th 08 06:24 PM
How can I copy table formatting in Word 2007? nwMarco New Users 7 March 16th 07 04:12 PM
How do I set up numbering in a table such as 2007-HC001, 2007-HC00 Christina Tables 1 December 29th 06 09:06 AM