Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lmbinc lmbinc is offline

Default How many people can be tracked in track changes?

I have a document where a multiple number of people have tracked changes
(4-5) and now all changes are displaying in green, no matter who makes them.
Is there a limit to the number of users track changes will track??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lmbinc lmbinc is offline

Oddly enough, yes - it is set to "by author" - however all of the new
entires, no matter by whom, are in green.

"lmbinc" wrote in message
I have a document where a multiple number of people have tracked changes
(4-5) and now all changes are displaying in green, no matter who makes

them.
Is there a limit to the number of users track changes will track??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Ordinarily I think Word just starts repeating colors in the same sequence
used before. How many reviewers do you have? More than there are colors?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Is the color for changes set to By Author?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"lmbinc" wrote in message
I have a document where a multiple number of people have tracked

changes
(4-5) and now all changes are displaying in green, no matter who makes

them.
Is there a limit to the number of users track changes will track??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lmbinc lmbinc is offline

I thought the same thing. This document has had 5 different people work on
it - and it was working correctly up until the 5th person. Now they & a
subsequent person are both in green. I believe there are eight different
colors available for markups. So I'm really perplexed by this.

"lmbinc" wrote in message
I have a document where a multiple number of people have tracked

changes
(4-5) and now all changes are displaying in green, no matter who makes
them.
Is there a limit to the number of users track changes will track??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This is one aspect of Word that I think has probably always been a bit
flaky. Perhaps if the extra users change their user names slightly? Also, if
you're using "Remove personal information from file properties on Save"
(Tools | Options | Security), then you may lose the information necessary to
distinguish reviewers.