Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tchinn tchinn is offline

Default How do I create checkmark boxes in Word?

Hi guys,

I was wondering, how do you creater checkmark boxes in Word without using
the drawing tool. I looked under Insert-Symbol and the boxes were too small.
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Do you want these to actively function as checkboxes in the Word document,
or merely to be checkboxes when printed?

For the former, right-click any toolbar and choose Forms. The checkbox is
the 2nd from the left (in Word 2003, in any case). Look in the Help system
for more information about setting up and using forms.

If you just want them printed, you can use a form checkbox as is. Or, you
can insert a symbol. If the symbol you insert is too small, select it and
press Ctrl+] until it's the size you want. (Check Webdings, Wingdings, and
Wingdings 2 for additional boxes if the Symbol ones are too small.)

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"tchinn" wrote in message
Hi guys,

I was wondering, how do you creater checkmark boxes in Word without using
the drawing tool. I looked under Insert-Symbol and the boxes were too
small.
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tchinn tchinn is offline

Thank you Herb and Suzanne for answering my question. I really appreciate it.
Using the Forms toolbar took care of what I needed. Thanks again.