Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Peggy Peggy is offline

Default Default Window View

I am using several documents in 2007. I want the window view (size, shape,
etc) to stay the way I set it within each document, different between
documents. Instead, whichever document I open first, all others open with
those specifications.

Is there a way of saving, within a single document the window shapes?
--
-Dragged into using Access
----------kicking and screaming.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?UGVnZ3k=?=,

I am using several documents in 2007. I want the window view (size, shape,
etc) to stay the way I set it within each document, different between
documents. Instead, whichever document I open first, all others open with
those specifications.

Is there a way of saving, within a single document the window shapes?

You'd need to do this using macro code. You could have a macro named AutoOpen
in the document that will set the window's properties.

Somewhat more "elegant" would be a pair of macros in your Normal.dot -
AutoOpen and AutoClose - that would write the relevant information into the
document (into document Variables) when it closes, then read this
information and apply it when the document is next opened.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Peggy Peggy is offline

I tried the first suggestion, and it works if I only open one document. But,
there are two documents I use frequently that, for convenience, should have
different window formating (window size, placement of the clipboard, etc.).
I set them both up with a start up macro that seemed to work. But, as I soon
as I closed them both, then opened them both, the second one is formatted the
same way the first one was, regardless of the macro I created that was
supposed to be unique for that document.

--
-Dragged into using Access
----------kicking and screaming.