Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Adam Milligan Adam Milligan is offline

Default Table of Contents renumbering on preview

All-

Using Word 2003 on Windows XP. I have a 350 page document with 3 tables of
contents (one main, one for tables, and one for diagrams). Everything works
fine and the oage numbers are correct until I go to print preview. Then the
page numbers of the TOCs get all screwy. At a random place in the TOC it
simply stops counting and puts the same number for every entry. Somtimes it
is the 3rd entry down and everything after that shows as page 2 and sometimes
it the 17th entry down and everything after that shows as page 46. Updating
the field fixes the numbering again until I do another print preview and then
they are all wrong again. I am terribly frightened that it is a corrupted
file. Please help.

Adam Milligan