Rob

Default Renaming title

Word 2002: I'd like to rename my title styles with T1, T2,
etc but Word does not accept the new naming and
automatically assigns them "Title 1, T1", etc. Any idea
how to correct that?
Thanks

I suspect you are referring to the built-in heading styles. You can't rename
these styles (or any other built-in style), but you can give them aliases
(as you have done), which allows you to select them with these shortcuts.
Alternatively, you can create user-defined heading styles (based on the
built-in ones or not), but this is not recommended; see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...ingStyles.html