Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CTY CTY is offline

Default show full file path to the document

How can I make the full file path and name appear in the title bar when I
open a document? I remember having it enabled using a menu option and I just
cannot find it in Word 2007. (WinXP, Word2007)
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Add the "Document Location" item to the Quick Access Toolbar. It's in the
"Commands not in Ribbon" or "All Commands" group.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"CTY" wrote in message
How can I make the full file path and name appear in the title bar when I
open a document? I remember having it enabled using a menu option and I
just
cannot find it in Word 2007. (WinXP, Word2007)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Or you could add an autoopen macro to your normal template containing the
line
ActiveWindow.Caption = ActiveDocument.FullName
which will put the path in the title bar, rather than in the QAT..

"CTY" wrote in message
How can I make the full file path and name appear in the title bar
when I open a document? I remember having it enabled using a menu
option and I just
cannot find it in Word 2007. (WinXP, Word2007)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CTY CTY is offline

That's it!!
Thank you very much!!

show full path smk23 Page Layout 1 March 19th 07 01:28 PM
Full Path of a file name trvlnmny New Users 6 January 22nd 07 10:57 AM
I want MS Word 2003 to tell the full path of the file DrLarry New Users 2 April 5th 06 07:13 AM
How do I set Word 2003 to show the full path of the file edited? M Lindberg Microsoft Word Help 4 March 8th 06 10:00 PM
open file full path possible? Octavio New Users 3 June 21st 05 04:23 PM