Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
aangel240283 aangel240283 is offline

Default how to put the accent on word vite

i am writing my CV and would like to display the words curriculum vite with
the french accent over the top of the "e" i used to do this at school but
cant remember now hoe its done. please help
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bear[_2_] Bear[_2_] is offline

AAngel:

1. Press Ctrl + ' (the apostrophe key)

Nothing happens yet

2. Type e

The accented e appears.

Bear
--
Windows XP, Word 2000

"aangel240283" wrote:

i am writing my CV and would like to display the words curriculum vite with
the french accent over the top of the "e" i used to do this at school but
cant remember now hoe its done. please help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

As a general rule, you can do this by pressing Ctrl+accent, followed by the
letter you want accented. For example, if I press Ctrl+' e, I get é. If I
press Ctrl+` e, then I get è. Ctrl+Shift+6 (which is Ctrl+^, in effect)
followed by o yields ô.

Depending on which keyboard layout you're using, however, this might not
work, in which case you might need to resort to Insert - Symbols.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"aangel240283" wrote in message
i am writing my CV and would like to display the words curriculum vite with
the french accent over the top of the "e" i used to do this at school but
cant remember now hoe its done. please help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hold down the Alt key and then enter 0233 on the numeric keypad and é will
appear.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"aangel240283" wrote in message
i am writing my CV and would like to display the words curriculum vite with
the french accent over the top of the "e" i used to do this at school but
cant remember now hoe its done. please help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You have received several messages answering your specific question.
Unfortunately, none of them addressed the fact that what you are trying to
do is pointless. The correct term is "curriculum vitae" (or, if you want to
be very pedantic, "curriculum vitæ"), not "curriculum vité."

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/InsertSpecChars.htm for more on
inserting this and other special characters.