Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] richard.m.parent@gmail.com is offline

Default Word 2007: When I first open word an old document always displays and not a blank one?

When I open Word 2007 the same old document always displays and not a
blank document. Also when I click to make a new document the old
document also displays there also??? I want Word 2007 to open with a
new blank document and not the same old one everytime. Please help...
Rich

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rich[_4_] Rich[_4_] is offline

On May 4, 10:45 am, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
The article athttp://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/BlankDocNotBlank.htmwill
(eventually) help, but unfortunately all mvps.org subdomains are currently
down.

Word MVP FAQ site:http://word.mvps.org

wrote in message

ps.com...

When I open Word 2007 the same old document always displays and not a
blank document. Also when I click to make a new document the old
document also displays there also??? I want Word 2007 to open with a
new blank document and not the same old one everytime. Please help...
Rich- Hide quoted text -

Thank you Suzanne. I did fix my problem. The "Normal.Dotm" template
file at this folder: :C:\Users\Richard.Andrea-PC.000\AppData\Roaming
\Microsoft\Templates" had my old document info in there. I don't know
how I messed that up, but after deleting the Normal.dotm template file
and restarting Word 2007, the documents now show up blank. Thanks
again... Rich

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Glad I could help.

"Rich" wrote in message
oups.com...
On May 4, 10:45 am, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
The article

athttp://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/BlankDocNotBlank.htmwill
(eventually) help, but unfortunately all mvps.org subdomains are

currently
down.

Word MVP FAQ site:http://word.mvps.org

newsgroup so