Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jason951734682 Jason951734682 is offline

Default Referencing styles

The referencing styles provided in word do not follow the rules required, or
at least the rules required of me. for eg. APA; in the bodytext citation for
a reference it lists up to 5 or 6 authors rather than using 'et al.' Can I
change how this works either by customising APA style or by creating my own
referencing style?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Sorry, the Citation Manager can only be customized by digging into the
code and at present there seems to be no documentation on how to
customize the code, so that's not very feasible. Apparently you would
need to know XSLT, which may be a subset of XML.

You should be able to manually edit the citations as the last thing done
before you print, I think.

I think the Office Button takes you to Word Options and somewhere there
is a way you can report this to MS, as you should.