starlady

Default change the defaults in opening page

I want to changethe defaults on my opening document page in Word. How do I
do that?
Doug Robbins

Not sure what defaults you mean, but probably what you need to do is modify
the page setup and the styles in the Normal.dot template, but it may be
better to create your own template.

See the article "Creating a Template - The Basics (Part I)" at:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...platePart1.htm

and "Creating a Template (Part II)" at:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...platePart2.htm

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"starlady" wrote in message
I want to changethe defaults on my opening document page in Word. How do I
do that?

If you want to change the properties of the Blank Document you get when you
click on New, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...alTemplate.htm

If you want to change the environment (view, zoom, toolbars, etc.), see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/SaveViewAndZoom.htm