Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
skint skint is offline

Default Help with document template

Hi all

I have a form in A4 size that I want to scan and be able to use in
Word to type text into it.
I have tried scanning the document as a picture and opening a Word
document and inserting it as a picture but I then cannot type any text
on top.
I am sure that what I want to do is very possible to do and easy if
you know how.
Could anyone tell me how to achieve this please?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Possible? - yes
Easy? - no
Set the inserted image layout property to 'behind text' then you can write
over it. Getting the text to line up with the fields (use a table) is time
consuming and not worth the effort for a single form. Use a pen!
The corporate version of Finereader 6 included an excellent form filling
tool, but this is not available with later versions. I believe ABBYY now
offers something similar as a stand-alone tool. If you have lots of forms to
fill it would be worth investigating. Otherwise stick to a pen (or
typewriter).

skint wrote:
Hi all

I have a form in A4 size that I want to scan and be able to use in
Word to type text into it.
I have tried scanning the document as a picture and opening a Word
document and inserting it as a picture but I then cannot type any text
on top.
I am sure that what I want to do is very possible to do and easy if
you know how.
Could anyone tell me how to achieve this please?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
skint skint is offline

--

Graham Mayor - *Word MVP

My web sitewww.gmayor.com
Word MVP web sitehttp://word.mvps.org

skint wrote:
Hi all

I have a form in A4 size that I want to scan and be able to use in
Word to type text into it.
I have tried scanning the document as a picture and opening a Word
document and inserting it as a picture but I then cannot type any text
on top.
I am sure that what I want to do is very possible to do and easy if
you know how.
Could anyone tell me how to achieve this please?

Thanks- Hide quoted text -

Thank you.