Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
jfg jfg is offline

Default Columns

I have Word 2003.

I have divided a two-page document into two columns with a line between the
columns. On the first page, the left column is three lines longer than the
right column, and on the second page there are only two lines of text,
aligned in the left column. I have not been able to take the two lines on the
second page and relocate them as the last two lines in the right column on
the first page. How can I do this?

First Page

mmm mmm
mmm
mmm

Second Page

mmm
nnnn

Thank you in advance for whatever help you can give me.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

Check that you have no extra returns at the end of the document (on page 2).
The other thing that might help is looking at the Format | Paragraph | and
Line and Page Breaks. The Widow and Orphan control may be causing this. Using
the keep lines together may solve your problem.
--
Rae Drysdale

"jfg" wrote:

I have Word 2003.

I have divided a two-page document into two columns with a line between the
columns. On the first page, the left column is three lines longer than the
right column, and on the second page there are only two lines of text,
aligned in the left column. I have not been able to take the two lines on the
second page and relocate them as the last two lines in the right column on
the first page. How can I do this?

First Page

mmm mmm
mmm
mmm

Second Page

mmm
nnnn

Thank you in advance for whatever help you can give me.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
jfg jfg is offline

Rae,

Thanks a million. I did have extra returns at the end of the document on
page 2. After removing them, I was able to move the lines on page 2 to the
end of page 1.

Columns Vader97 Microsoft Word Help 10 March 31st 07 09:54 PM
columns neugiemeister Microsoft Word Help 2 July 9th 06 01:17 PM
I want to stop columns, Add a sentance, add more columns Jack Sprat Microsoft Word Help 3 May 30th 06 05:35 AM
I have four columns and want to freely tab between all columns. Trinity77 Page Layout 2 February 16th 06 06:19 PM
"Click columns, st. toolbar" - can't find picture or word columns Merrijo Tables 1 September 16th 05 09:47 PM