Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sj sj is offline

Default text deleted when i type/insert words in a word 2003 file

Hi i wrote an essay in word 2003 and now when i want to make changes and add
a word somewhere in th ealready written text the next word or text got
deleted? tell me what to do? tomorrow is my deadline to submit and this thing
statred happening.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Overtype is turned on. Ordinarily, pressing the Insert key toggles overtype
on/off. Look for OVR on the status bar (bottom of the Word window). If the
Insert key doesn't work, double click OVR to turn overtype off.
Alternatively, if the status bar isn't displaying, choose Tools - Options -
Edit tab, and click to remove the check next to Overtype mode.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"sj" wrote in message
Hi i wrote an essay in word 2003 and now when i want to make changes and
add
a word somewhere in th ealready written text the next word or text got
deleted? tell me what to do? tomorrow is my deadline to submit and this
thing
statred happening.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

sj wrote:
Hi i wrote an essay in word 2003 and now when i want to make changes
and add a word somewhere in th ealready written text the next word or
text got deleted? tell me what to do? tomorrow is my deadline to
submit and this thing statred happening.

Press the Insert button to switch from overtype mode to insert mode.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman